Monday, February 18, 2013

                              A Trucker's Last Prayer


O Lord,
   Thanks for the ride.  Your road signs
were a big help; they kept me going in the
right direction.  And, since You were
riding "shotgun", You were able to show
me the lane changes I needed to make.

Yes Lord,
   I got a little tired at times; but You
 pointed me to still waters where I could
 rest a while.  And, although I did have
 an occasional detour, You guided me
 to where I could continue my run.

Now Lord,
   I'm on my last run.  I'm not as strong
as I used to be, but, I think I can make it
Home in one piece.  At the moment, I'm
coming around the last curve.  I'll be
seeing you shortly.

                              Your child,
                               Trucker Jim

               -James Irving Mann-
                copyright 2012
                 jamesirvingmann@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment